[ic] sql sessions - odd error

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 21 14:09:56 EST 2008

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, DB wrote:

> I have a server with a fresh installs of Centos 5.1 and IC 5.4.2. My
> sessions have been set up to mysql, and this works ok with IC set to use
> the local machine's mysql server.
>
> The company which provides my rack space offers a redundant mysql
> server, however it runs under Windows.
>
> When I tell IC to use the Windows mysql server, things mostly work, but
> when a user tries to log in IC throws up an error such as:
>
> Failed to record timestamp in UserDB: DBD::mysql::st execute failed:
> Incorrect datetime value: '1206123064' for column 'mod_time' at row 1 at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1633.
>
> Paerhaps there's some difference between the Linux and Windows versions
> of mysql? Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Do you literally mean you've set up Interchange to use MySQL for your
session database, that is, the "SessionDB" directive is in catalog.cfg?

Your error above is happening in UserDB, which is unrelated.

Apparently MySQL on Windows isn't handling the Unix seconds-since-1970
epoch. You can disable time field updating altogether by changing this
line in catalog.cfg:

     UserDB    default    time_field    mod_time

to:

     UserDB    default    time_field    none

Then your userdb entries will not have a timestamp showing when they were
updated. You could change the mod_time field to be a "timestamp" type,
which I think MySQL automatically updates.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation