[ic] captcha audio, and recaptcha...

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Oct 9 13:14:57 UTC 2008

Quoting Peter (peter at pajamian.dhs.org):
> On 10/08/2008 10:42 PM, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Rick Bragg (lists at gmnet.net):

> >> By the way, in my case, setting up audio captcha is not really a "want"
> >> but a "need".  It is for a city website, and as a city, we must be fully
> >> section 508 compliant and cater to disabilities. (or no captcha at
> >> all.)
> >>
> >> The recaptcha is more of a "want" as this city is wanting to take the
> >> lead in this sort of thing.  The recapcha should be optional for users
> >> to fill out.
> >>
> >> It would be great to build a profile check for this type of thing.
> >>
> >> for example:
> >>
> >> &or mv_captcha_guess=captcha, mv_audiocaptcha_guess=audiocaptcha Wrong Guess...
> >>
> >> Any thoughts?
> >
> > Does Perl have an Audio CAPTCHA module? That is the only way that
> > we would be likely to get this done...
>
> I couldn't find any, but it should be relatively straight forward with
> text to speech.  Just pick out some random words in a dictionary, run
> them through text to speech and link to the audio file for the speech.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~jkamphaus/PerlSpeak-2.01/lib/PerlSpeak.pm

Aha. I am guessing then that you don't have to input and
recognize, only output. Yes, that would be possible for someone
to code. I wrote a little module that reminds me of appointments with
that robotic sounding voice... 8-)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails.  -- Abraham Maslow