[ic] Applying usertag changes

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 22:43:26 UTC 2009

>> Is there any way to get usertag changes to take affect without
>> restarting IC?  I don't think a catalog reconfig will work, will it?
>> I find myself restarting IC a lot during usertag development, and I've
>> noticed that kills any IC pages that are loading.  Maybe the only
>> solution is a separate development installation?
>
> A catalog restart will work for local (catalog) level usertags.  For
> normal global level usertags you have to restart IC.

I'm trying to set up my first catalog level usertag so I can reconfig
instead of restart, but it looks like "use" isn't allowed because of
Safe.  This really limits what can be done in a catalog level usertag
right?  I saw this:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-May/043127.html

and it looks like I could expand Safe.  Is that the right way forward
in this situation?

- Grant