No subject

Wed Aug 26 15:16:55 UTC 2009

--snip--
* Allow catalogs to be set to have Perl always global by default.

      AllowGlobal        catname
      PerlAlwaysGlobal   catname

    This is a global directive (i.e. interchange.cfg).

    [perl global=0] will still be honored, i.e. that will be interpreted
    by Safe.

  * Allow catalogs to turn off "strict" in global mode by default:

      PerlNoStrict       catname

    This is a global directive (i.e. interchange.cfg).

  This is intended as an easy way to allow catalogs to work all right
  with Vend::Charset. Sad, but can't think of any better way short of
  maintaining our own version of the UTF8 modules. It is really sad,
  because the Perl powers that be have totally abandoned Opcode and
  Safe.

  NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE BY NON-SOPHISTICATED INTERCHANGE USERS.

--snap--

Please comment. I'm in favour of removing these directives.

Regards
         Racke

Interchange Development Team