[ic] [bounce] extremely slow after 5.7.6 upgrade

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 22:56:29 UTC 2010

>> I upgraded from 5.6.1 to 5.7.6 a few weeks ago.  I just noticed that
>> the [bounce] tag is taking an extremely long time to execute, maybe
>> between 30 and 200 seconds.  It was fairly instantaneous on 5.6.1.
>> For example:
>>
>> http://www.example.com/page.html
>>
>> redirects to:
>>
>> http://www.example.com/otherpage.html
>>
>> with:
>>
>> [bounce href="[area other_page]" status=301]
>>
>> I've tried without the status parameter with the same results.  Does
>> this sound familiar to anyone?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> Grant, I just tried this on a server that is being upgraded from 5.4 to
> 5.7.6  and it is very quick <1s
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve.  I narrowed this down and it only happens if the
[bounce] is encountered in an autoload more than once in a session.
The first autoload [bounce] executes very fast, but each subsequent
[bounce] takes at least 10 seconds to execute and usually much longer.
 Does anyone see similar behavior from 5.7.6?

- Grant