[ic] [matches] patch?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Fri Dec 10 23:13:09 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 3:06 PM, Chris Kershaw wrote:
> Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I was just searching the maillist trying to remember how best to
>> retrieve the number of matches resulting from a [query] and found this post by Mike Heins:
>> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-November/014506.html
>> His suggestion seemed like a good idea and one that apparently isn't incorporated into the current version of IC. Just wondering if this might make it into a future release or if something better has been implemented.
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
> Have you tried using type=row_count ?
> HTH,
> Chris

Isn't using type=row_count only helpful if you just want the row count
and not the actual data? I need both and don't want to run duplicate
queries in order to get it, similar to what Mike responded to in the
post I linked to above.

The question still stands. Next? :)

Global Focus Digital Media, LLC