[ic] Paypalexpress.pm

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Tue Feb 2 13:13:47 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 18:41:53 mike macfarlyn wrote:
> Hello list,
> I am trying to set up interchange using the paypalexpress.pm module as the
> only payment method. I followed the RTFM to the point but when i came to
> the
> paypalsetrequest.html, paypalgetrequest.html and the paypalcheckout.html
> pages
> i got a little confused.

The RTFM site has not been updated for a year or more now, and the module
itself has the latest documentation with a few changes:

> If i have this correct:
> when the customer wants to check out they click a  checkout link to the
> page
> paypalsetrequest.html which requests a token to paypal.

No, just set the code in the button and the module will bounce to Paypal

> paypal returns a token and the customer is sent to login at paypal and
> choose
> a payment method.
> once that is complete the customer is sent back to the interchange cart
> pagepaypalgetrequest.html to collect the customer information.

It brings the customer information back from Paypal and updates whatever might
or might not have been taken by IC

> then is the redirect from pagepaypalgetrequest to paypalcheckout.html
> automatic or do they click a button/link to forward them to the
> paypalcheckout.html page?

automatic, the first one just invokes the payment module again and
the 'bounce' does the rest

> does anyone have any html examples of these three pages to help clear
> things
> up? i am a bit confused.
> 1) does the paypalgetrequest.html page only contain:
> [charge route="paypalexpress" pprequest="getrequest"]
> [bounce href="[area href=ord/paypalcheckout secure=1]"]
> and nothing else?

> 2)does this look correct for the paypalcheckout page:
> <form action="[area process]" method="get">
>   <input type='hidden' name='mv_order_profile' value="paypalexpress">
>   <input type='hidden' name='pprequest' value="dorequest">
>    <input type='hidden' name='mv_todo' value="submit">
>   <input type='submit' value="Order button">
> </form>

No. Customers will expect to see at least a summary of their delivery address
and order, and the button should be an IC button looking like this:
					  text="[L]Complete Order through Paypal[/L]"
					  wait-text="-- [L]Wait[/L] --"
			  pprequest = dorequest

> 3) does anyone have an example of how to tie this:
> [value name="pprequest" set="" hide=1]
> [charge route="paypalexpress" pprequest="setrequest"]
> [if scratch token]
>     [bounce href="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-
> checkout&token=[scratch token]"]
> [else]
>     [bounce href="[area href=ord/checkout secure=1]"]
> [/else]
> [/if]
> into the paypalsetrequest.html page link or button?

The button I use for the initial checkout to Paypal is like this:
          [run-profile name=paypalexpress]
          [if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
          [charge route="paypalexpress" pprequest="setrequest"]