[ic] Jobs are slowing IC

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Apr 19 00:51:13 UTC 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, Grant wrote:

> I've read that MyISAM is much faster for reads than InnoDB.  In an IC
> environment, is it advisable to keep some tables on MyISAM and switch
> those that require a lot of writes to InnoDB?

If you have low write traffic and small tables, it's probably fine to stay
on MyISAM.

But MySQL experts I've talked to say that for any large database, or with
heavy writes, use InnoDB for everything. They tell me horror stories of
frequently-corrupted tables (which I haven't experienced) and lots of
locking problems (which I have).

Of course the best thing would be for you to try a complete switchover of
your own database to InnoDB and the test it under load and see how it
does.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen