[ic] Barcode Scanner & Software interact with IC?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Aug 4 19:51:37 UTC 2011

I'm wondering if anybody is/has used a barcode scanner in an office that
plugged/collaborated with a Windows PC running (presumably) it's barcode
software, that could be programmed to connect to a remote interchange server
for things like updating inventory.

The remote server is locked down is authorized key access, so even if it
posted data to a URL (that could then be vetted by customer service).

I've read in the archives of people using barcode scanners which I presumed
were plugged into a linux box, or even directly into the machine running IC.
Besides my scenario above, I am wondering on the make/model of scanner you
use, and in what way you use it.

Yes, I am doing me own research online, but if I find someone else doing
this with IC, I'd rather do it similarly so that I can hire them if I need
help or have trouble.

Thanks,

Paul Jordan

Consulting, Design, & Programming > www.gishnetwork.com