[ic] Using an external mail host

Janine Ohmer janine at furfly.net
Fri Feb 4 21:17:07 UTC 2011

I have an Interchange 5.2.0 installation that has always sent mail through the local copy of sendmail.  Now I need to change it so that it uses an external mail host (which is running Postfix, but I think that's irrelevant).

I can't find anything about this in the documentation or in Google.  I am guessing that I need to set MV_SMTPHOST, in interchange.cfg, to the name of my new mail server, but since this is a live installation I wanted to confirm that before I try it.

Is there anything else I need to do?  I looked around in the admin interface but if this is there, I did not see it.

Janine Ohmer (formerly Sisk)
President/CEO of furfly, LLC