[ic] Interchange Wikipedia article deleted

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue Dec 18 09:23:37 UTC 2012

Interchange is mentioned here, can consider this an independent list:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/perlscripts/shoppingcarts.shtml

Perhaps this (relatively) recent mention of Interchange will help to show
that it is still evolving:
http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/talk/3464

I guess we Interchangers do things in hiding:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/interchange/users/47972#47972

And here, unasked for, there are people who show in favor of Interchange:
http://slashdot.org/story/06/03/03/1435239/building-online-stores-with-oscom
merce

But if you look at for example:
http://london.pm.org/pipermail/london.pm/Week-of-Mon-20110912/021353.html

A whole thread, someone asking particularly for ecommerce in Perl and nobody
has a clue of Interchange ... well ... Good luck convincing someone who is
not knowledgable at all ....

But that maybe also shows the previous inbalance in the people who are the
most involved in Interchange, is it a 'Shopping Cart', is it a 'Application
Framework'?
We never really decided. Things always appear to be 2 camps (docs, irc,
total rewrite vs backward compatibility etc).

I think it took me a good 2 hours to get to the above commentary on
Interchange, which is a pretty good indication of what is to be found in the
outside world.

I have no account on Wikipedia, no clue how to communicate this information,
so if anybody knows and thinks this offers some ammo into keeping
Interchange on Wikipedia, have at it.

To my belief Interchange is part of history and only for that fact alone
should have a mention on Wikipedia. It was one of the first, just lacked in
a strong marketing & sales side and too much 'internal struggle' to give it
one face, one goal and one future .... And with all that difficulty there
are still people finding Interchange, building their e-commerce sites with
it and live happily ever after ...

CU,

Gert