[ic] bad robots - undefined session ids?

DB db at m-and-d.com
Wed Dec 18 19:28:11 UTC 2013

I've noticed that when I use top, I sometimes see IC processes with what
looks like an undefined session id.

Ones like this I believe should be robots:
interchange: Store nsession - /page.html

Ones like this I believe should be regular users
interchange: Store WydgPRgP - /page.html

But what about ones like this?
interchange: Store  - /scan/se=....

these with an undefined session id often seem to be misbehaving -
bad/evil robots doing many and frequent /scan/... The IPs often seem to
be in Russia, China etc. Anyone have thought about this or how to prevent?