[ic] Search help with Alphabetic Range

L Collins starsgps at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 01:57:24 UTC 2013

> PLEASE Help!!  I've been reading IC help pages for days and nothing I
> try is working.
>
> First of all, I sell over 22K products so creating a 'sitemap' which
> includes all my items sorted alphabetically and those with a cwrpart
> (MFG PM#) is not practical --takes too long to load/times-out-- but,
> this code does work:
>
> http://www.ultimatepassage.com/cgi-bin/up/scan/fi=products/st=db/sp=sitemap/co=1/sf=cwrpart/se=1/op=gt/nu=0/ml=25000/tf=description/to=x.html
>
> (---And if I lower the ml=, the MORE-LIST out-put is totally screwed up!)
>
> What I want to do is a listing of all products beginning with the
> letters A to C or D to G, etc. which include a cwrpart (mfg pn#).
>
> ---I CAN get Just "A's" to work:
> http://www.ultimatepassage.com/cgi-bin/up/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=1/sp=sitemap/sf=description/se=a/op=rm/nu=0/bs=1/su=1/sf=cwrpart/se=1/op=>/nu=1/bs=1/su=/ml=9999/tf=description/to=x

I'd just use a page that has a query on it (this will work for MySQL):

[query
    list=1
    sql="
	SELECT * FROM products
	WHERE description RLIKE '[-abc]%'
	AND cwrpart = 1
       "]
[sql-code] -- [sql-param description] -- [currency][sql-param
price][/currency]<br>
[/query]

(The - keeps any [abc] tag from causing a problem.)

You could even use the same page for all with a CGI parameter and
appropriate filter:

[query
    list=1
    sql="
	SELECT * FROM products
	WHERE description RLIKE '[[cgi name=letters filter=word]]%'
	AND cwrpart = 1
    "]
[sql-code] -- [sql-param description] -- [currency][sql-param
price][/currency]<br>
[/query]

Then call the page with:

     http://www.ultimatepassage.com/cgi-bin/up/alpha?letters=def

A competent IC consultant can set up all sorts of things for you if
you want to make it better -- most common effective thing to do is
make search terms show up in page names so that you show up more
readily on search engines.

Good luck!

------------

Thanks, Mike!!

(Yes, I use mysql)

I'll work with your information (above) over the next few days and try
to figure out what you mean/how to make it work.  Again, my
comprehension of programming is very limited!!

As can be seen from my "1990's-looking website", I'm lacking in LOTS
of skills, but I have eventually made things work by my own trial and
error.  BTW, my ecommerce site will have been 'on-line' for 10-Years
this coming August 3rd, 2013!  ...and I'm pretty happy about that even
though sales are crappy!

Are you available for paid, of course, advise?  Frankly, I'd rather
pay for decent advise and then LEARN it on my own.  ...I've found
learning how to do just 'One Thing' usually leads to an understanding
of many other things  --which is worth more to Me and my brain!  --I
hope that makes sense.  --As for the html and the way my site looks, I
don't have the money to have a 'pro' do it, much less know who to
trust.  ??

My contact info is on www.UltimatePassage.com.

Thank you, Mike, for your help!

Many Blessings to You!