[ic] Homemonitoring front end

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jun 6 11:53:53 UTC 2013

Quoting dev2 at adeux.net (dev2 at adeux.net):
> Hello,
> I am experimenting in using Interchange as the front end for a home
> monitoring system.
> It will be a very simple page with an HTML table and changes in
> status shown by changing CSS elements of the table.
> What I am thinking of, is using ITL to interpolate the correct CSS
> code based on the results of a query against a Postgres DB.
> Question:
> The bit I am struggling with is how to make the page 'volatile' - ie
> after every x seconds the page refreshes and requeries the DB.
> I would welcome suggestions as to how to implement this.

You can, of course, use the classic META tag:

That would cause the browser to refresh the whole page every fifteen seconds.

Depending on what you are doing, there are a number of JavaScript
possibilities as well. Nowadays, people tend to use AJAX types of
refresh where you just manipulate the contents of an HTML container of
some type.

Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently equipped fool. -- unknown