[ic] RPC traffic settings

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Mar 10 03:50:19 UTC 2013

On 03/10/2013 04:12 PM, Grant wrote:
>> Does anyone use ChildLife?

Either this or lowering MaxRequestsPerChild or both can help if you have
problems with child processes locking up after a while or with memory
leaks, etc.

> PreForkSingleFork causes IC to stop responding to requests after about
> 15 minutes on my system.  I had the same problem the last time I tried
> it:

Yeah, I don't know if anyone else has been able to reproduce that
problem.  Have you tried setting SIGCHLD to IGNORE as suggested by Mark
here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2007-November/048247.html

Also have you tried setting ChildLife to 600 (10 minutes) or so?  Then
your child processes should terminate before they lock up.

> Could it be related to Interchange::Link?

I don't see how, as that should only affect the link between the httpd
and the interchange daemon, whereas this is affecting the Interchange
child processes (which are part of the server) themselves.  I suppose
that anything is possible, though.

Peter