[ic] Page layout organization

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Sat Apr 5 14:04:09 UTC 2014

Quoting David Etheredge (David_e at charter.net):
> I am using the leftonly page pattern on my new site and the old
> site. However, the files have change and I cannot find where to
> place my custom menus to fit in the left column.
>
> I need to know where to place my custom menu.
>
> It appears that it is basically defined here in
> ../catalogs/petz/include/layout/leftonly :

> {{LEFT}}

> If that is correct, where is LEFT defined? Otherwise, in what file
> and where should my menu be placed?

Check this out:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-May/043195.html

Basically, think of the template as using the [unpack] tag, so if
you put your stuff for LEFT after an [output name=left], it will
show up there.

However, if your menu for LEFT is defined in a component, then you can
do something like:

[control-set]
        [component]search_box_small[/component]
        [output]left[/output]