[ic] Mobile-friendly?

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Mon Apr 7 15:15:41 UTC 2014

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh at perusion.com):
> Quoting Bob Puff (bob at nleaudio.com):
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been asked by a client who is running IC if they can make the site more
> > "Mobile-friendly", by which I assume they mean a whole different set of files
> > based on the browser type.  Are there any current examples of this in the
> > latest IC?  How would you detect the mobile browser in the IC ITL?
> We either use the builtin Bootstrap stuff, or we use a UserTag based
> on HTTP::BrowserDetect.
> If you want to see a responsive site based on Bootstrap, try
> our site at perusion.com.

I have just added some supporting files for mobile to our Interchange
Extras repository:

I have used jQuery Mobile for mobile sites, but if you have the time, I
think crafting your own from the ground up would make it leaner and
better, as jqM isn't lightweight and can be buggy.

Use and profit!

Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...