[ic] old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10)

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Wed Oct 11 18:01:08 UTC 2017

Hi Marco,

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 12:34 PM, marco <m.mescoli at omnib.it> wrote:
>
> Looked for suggestions for old mailing list archives on icdevgroup.org but not found.
>
> My old catalog elcat on new interchange 5.6.10 on startup give these errors

I assume you mean new IC version 5.10 for this.

> === errors ============================================================
> Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not tie to '/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 127.
>
> RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to '/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm': Invalid argument at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 219.

What version of the GDBM_File module are you using?  What version of Perl?

What does it show if you change line 111 in Vend::Table::GDBM file to:

	die ::errmsg("%s could not tie to '%s': %s (flags: %s)", 'GDBM', $filename, $!, $flags)

FWIW, you might need to make sure your corresponding text files are up-to-date, then whack the *.gdbm versions and let IC reimport them, if this is a different version of GDBM_File than the catalog originally ran with (say if you’re moving to a different server).

> elcat config error: Unknown directive 'staticdir'
> In line 230 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> StaticDir     __SAMPLEHTML__/pages

Looks like StaticDir was removed in git commit 8397531e so commenting it out should be sufficient.

Best,

David
--
David Christensen