[ic] Sorry, the page (process) was not found

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Tue Apr 10 01:19:10 UTC 2018

> On Apr 9, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Davideth <Davideth at whojamadoogle.com> wrote:
>
> In one of our carts ( recently set up ), when clicked on [Checkout Now] or when doing admin/login, I am getting a "Sorry, the page (process) was not found" . This is actually occuring whenever the process is called on such as Remove an item.
>
> It is working fine in one cart but not in the other?
>
> Any hints as to where to look. I assume it is a permissions error and we have had to fix a number of those.

That error can happen when there are no mv_action or other action (mv_todo, mv_check, etc) variables to tell the process action map what to do; a couple ideas:

- check for http redirects that are not preserving CGI vars; this could be http -> https, POST -> GET, etc
- session-less state (either the robots.txt not assigning a session or using caching so you’re not assigned a real session), where a specific page does not have the form profile contents inside the session.  You’d want to check for where the ‘Remove an item’ or whatever is defined; it should be something like:

[set Remove an item]
…
[/set]

- hitting a page which has not defined the form profile yet, basically the same reason as above.

In the strap catalog, you can see an example of the in-page form profiles defined in include/login_form:

[set Log In]
  mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
[/set]

<form action="[process secure=1]" method="POST" class="form-inline alert alert-info">
<fieldset>
[form-session-id]
<input type="hidden" name="mv_todo"     value="return">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="ord/checkout">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_check"    value="Log In">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_click"    value="Login">

…

Here, the mv_todo and mv_check variables define how the process action map should handle things, so the “mv_check” will have it make sure the in-session-defined scratch variable of the same name will have its checks run.

See more of the docs here:

http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_form_actions.html <http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_form_actions.html>

Best,

David