[ic] Paypal order issues

DB db at m-and-d.com
Fri Feb 2 16:40:32 UTC 2018

> Hi DB,
>
> In my experience this has been related to the failing of the [import] statement in etc/log_transaction; usually an error in the database for some reason.  You might be able to check your database logs and see if you can match anything up with the times, particularly related to invalid data.
>
> Best,
>
> David
>
>> On Jan 25, 2018, at 3:59 PM, DB <db at m-and-d.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi - now and then (luckily not too often), I see a Paypal payment that has no associated IC order. I have to email the person who paid and ask what they ordered, which is not ideal. I see:
>>
>> Error during creation of order routing log: Route log failed.
>> at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1856
>>
>> Any hints on how to diagnose? Thanks!
>>
>> DB

Hi - I got another of these and did some digging. I was able to find the
session file, and although it is a bit ugly to view, it does show some
stuff like this:

*You must agree to our policies to checkout^L^@^@^@policy_agree^WCA
successful transaction has already been completed for this token.
^M^@^@^@PaypalExpress^A'^A^@
^@There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed. Reason:
AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
  Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
Reason:^O^@^@^@Payment process^F^@^@^@errors^D^B^B^@^@^@
^Gdefault
^Clog
^@^@^@routes_run^F[�tZ^@^@^@^@^D^@^@^@time^E^D^@^@^@nomo^G^�(\�Vg@^L^@^@^@latest_total
^@^L^@^@^@ship_message^D^C&^@^@^@^H�^O^@^@^@mv_route_failed

I'm wondering if my policy_agree might be an issue, although most of the
time things work fine, even with paypal. I have not seen this issue
however with credit card orders.

Can anyone suggest how to debug further? Turning on raw logging in mysql
would generate alot of data but might be worth a try.

Thanks

DB