[ic] Still seeking solution to bug in interchange reports

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 2 16:22:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018, Davideth wrote:

> There appears to be a serious bug in the interchange reports for
> accounting purposes possibly more than one bug. I have reached out to
> the community several times but still have not received an answer.
>
> When the monthly sales report is brought up, it includes canceled orders
> in the totals which is completely wrong. You can not count money that
> was never received or that was refunded in your total sales. This can
> create a tax nightmare if nothing else.
>
> This problem appears to exist with all reports across the board and is a
> serious accounting flaw.

David,

Thanks for the report.

Just speaking for myself, I saw what you reported earlier, but I didn't
have anything to add because it doesn't have any relevance for Interchange
installations I work with.

Interchange is not an accounting system, and all serious ecommerce shops I
know that are using it have either heavily customized Interchange reports
replicate Interchange ecommerce data into a proper accounting system where
they run their reports.

It sounds like having the reports include only shipped orders would be
helpful for you, and I don't imagine it hurting any existing users. So if
you would like to work up a fix and submit a patch or GitHub pull request,
I think a fix would likely be accepted.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen