[ic] Error with Tag->data in actionmap after upgrade to Centos 7.4 mysql 5.7.21

Andrew Baerg andrew at pullingshots.ca
Sun Mar 11 00:52:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-07 04:38 PM, IC wrote:
> I'm just setting up a new server with IC 5.10, Centos 7.4 and mysql 5.7.21, whilst testing the catalog on the new server I get an error which is being caused by the data tag in an actionmap.
>
> This is the line that causes the error:-
>
> my $page = $Tag->data({ table => 'cat2', column => 'which_page', foreign => 'name', key => $c2 });
>
> The error is:-
>
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the error or try again later. (Can't locate object method "open_table" via package "Vend::Table::DBI" (perhaps you forgot to load "Vend::Table::DBI"?) at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 995. )
>> I don't get this error on the old server, centos 5.8, mysql 5.6 and IC 5.10.
>
> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>
> TIA
> Andy

Hey Andy,

I created the following ActionMap in a fresh demo catalog:

ActionMap test <<EOR
sub {
  $Tag->data({ table => 'affiliate', column => 'name', key => 'hardhat' });
  1;
}
EOR

This generated the same error you received.

Adding the catalog to AllowGlobal in interchange.cfg fixes the issue. I don't think there is any way to use $Tag->data in an ActionMap without AllowGlobal.

See the relevant docs
http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Creating_custom_Interchange_tags.html#Routine
http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/AllowGlobal.html

Cheers,