[ic] Too very slow pages on ic 5.10.0

marco m.mescoli at omnib.it
Mon Mar 12 20:03:32 UTC 2018

Il 12/03/2018 05:01, Mike Heins ha scritto:
> Quoting Peter (peter at pajamian.dhs.org):
>> On 11/03/18 01:44, marco wrote:
>>> after 3 months of installation and light use my old production catalogue
>>> with:
>>
>>> I notice that for the pages with heavy query became very slow and
>>> sometimes bring to "Gateway Timeout"
>>> "top" utility display cpu to 100% during page wait sometimes for mysql
>>> and sometimes for interchange
>>
>> You need to benchmark the code on the problematic pages and find out
>> exactly which lines or blocks of code are causing the issue.
>>
>> This is most likely going to be the result of lots of DB hits from some
>> very inefficient code.  Look for calls to [data] or [field], or similar
>> tags that waste db hits inside of a [loop] or similar.  Rewrite your
>> code so that it does a single query to the db to get all the data you
>> need instead and it will end up being way more efficient.
>
> Don't discount the possibility that the I/O on this virtual instance
> is slower than on the other one. Are there demanding applications which
> show the same speed on the new container? Try doing some large DB queries
> on both the old and the new and comparing.

Same queries on the old and the new servers from mysql workbench. Timing
is good namely not too long, only with join on not primary key becomes
high but in both server.

In the new server (debian 9, ic 5.10.0) mysql query is faster from 10%
to 20% than old server (debian 6, ic 5.6.3) in the opposite way getting
ic pages.

I repeat myself: getting ic pages the new server is a little faster than
the old (as mysql above query says) for the first queries/pages then
pages becomes very slow only on the new server.

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"