[ic] Displaying cat field in title tag

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Thu Mar 29 17:53:20 UTC 2018

On Mar 29, 2018, at 12:18 PM, Steve Bronson <steve at airdelights.com> wrote:

> Looking for help on displaying field in <title> tag in header.
>
> The field is in cat and field name is title_head_format
>
> How would I display contents of this field in my <title> tag?

Hi Steve,

You’d need to locate the template/page that is currently being used to generate the specific page (likely in the catalogs/<blah>/templates/ … directory) and locate the existing <title> block.

A likely recipe to find this relatively easily would be (from catalog root):

grep -R ‘<title>’ .

Once you find where the existing piece is, you can modify it to add the corresponding field via a [data …] or variable substitution if through the flypage.

HTH,

David
--
David Christensen