MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: built-in web server problem

"T.J. Weber" wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from "T.J. Weber" <tjw-pop@ipmedia.net>     ******
>
> (note: this is a repost from several weeks ago.  i did not see the
> message go through or any replies.  thanks.)
>
> I have installed MiniVend 4.14 on a Red Hat 6.0 box and I'm having
> problems getting the internal http server working.  When I try to
> connect to localhost:7786 it gives me the error message saying that the
> page contains no data.  I've tried the root directory (/) and
> (/mv_admin) and both give me the same message.
>
> I've tried restarting the server, and also reinstalling MiniVend with
> all default options selected and it still outputs the same error message
> to my browser.
>
> Also, what are the default username and passwords to /mv_admin ?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> --t.j. weber
>
> --
> T.J. Weber                  | Providing your business with COMPLETE
> Interplanetary Media        | computer & Internet solutions!
> phone:         847.205.5200 | ----- SARRZY INTERNET SOLUTIONS -----
> fax:           847.205.5201 | web:           http://www.ipmedia.net
> e-mail:        tjw@nwu.edu    tjw@sarrzy.com        tjw@ipmedia.net

TJ,

I have as yet to get the mv_admin thing to work, but I was successful in logging in as
superuser and reconfiguring (which accomplishes the same thing, I think). I changed the
account and password in the makecat script for simple, but changed the encryption
question to 1 instead of 0 so the passwords are not encrypted.  I've no idea why, but
whatever gets you into coding...

Hope that helps,
Dave Ogren

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: