MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Amazon (Patent) US5960411: Method and system for placinga purchase order via a communications

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Carl wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Carl <carl@cybermall2000.com>     ******
>
> > Mike Heins wrote:
> > For everyone's information, MiniVend first had this same type of feature
> > in February 1996, though in my opinion it simply doesn't matter. IANAL,
> > but the Amazon "patent" is in my opinion completely indefensible.
> >

> The problem if you don't have several hundred thousand to spend on
> laywers, you will never get to the point where you show prior art.

Then it is even more incomprehensible to me why they sued B&N. They (B&N)
have enough money to defend themselves and if it is an indefensible case,
why did they do it ?

Better stop this thread and discuss it somewhere else, but where would
that be done, from a legal point of view ? Any ideas ?

BTW, if you like to see what independent booksellers have to say
about E-Taxes, look at
	http://www.bookweb.org/m-bin/by_topic?topic_id=12

Birgitt Funk

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: