MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: [mv] If statement, comparing a scratch vairable with a numeric

At 10:06 PM 12/17/1999 , you wrote:
>******    message to minivend-users from "KEVIN LYONS"
><kclyons@silvernet.net>     ******
>
>Trying to make a simple case statement, because I cant get [include [scratch
>textfile]] to work.  So I want to make a comparison and then include the
>proper file...but I am having a hard time with the syntax, so here is my try
>that does not work...
>
>[if var=1]
>     do some stuff.....
>[else if var=2]
>     do some other stuff
>[/if]

I suppose you're setting the scratch correctly:

[set lastproduct][item-code][/set]
[set mv_put_session]Yes[/set]

And then putting it into the session if it is to be used in another page.
Then, you could conditional as such:

[if scratch lastproduct]You were just looking at this: [scratch lastproduct]
[/if]

Or maybe something like this:

[if explicit]
[condition]
         $last = '[scratch lastproduct]';
         return 1 if $last eq "11-20";
         return 0;
[/condition]
You were just looking at 11-20, I think that you should buy this too..
[else]
Before you buy this product, take a look at 11-20
[/else]
[/if]

There is always MTOWTDI (more than one way to do it) -- scour that MANUAL
and try every example until you find one that works.  :-)  If that fails,
dig the mailing list.

>Any help?
>Thanks
>
>Kevin Lyons
>kclyons@silvernet.net
>
>-
>To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
>email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
>Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                            http://www.insideline.net
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.            http://www.yamamoto.baits.com

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: