Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] 4.03 Installation Problems

******    message to minivend-users from "Michael Radke" <mra@trendware.de>     ******

Hi List,

while I am using MV 3.11 and set up a couple of catalogs already, I am
installing a new box with actual kernel and - of course - actual mv.

The error is...:

www02:/home # /usr/local/minivend/bin/minivend -r
Killing Minivend server 200 with TERM.
YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND UNDUMP!

www02:/home/test/cgi-bin # cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.2.14 (root@Pentium.suse.de) (gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)) #1 Mon Mar 13 10:51:48 GMT 2000

This is a german "SuSE 6.4" Linux distribution with Perl Version....

www02:/home/test/cgi-bin # perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i586-linux

I have installed MV4.03 in /usr/local/minivend, set up a user "test"
and copied some catalog data from another catalog into this.

Minivend comes up CORRECTLY when starting it the first time. The error above
comes only when trying to *restart* the catalog with '.../bin/minivend -r'.

It only restarts correctly when using that '.../bin/minivend -u' thing - but, what
is meant, what is the reason, I am thinking about security issues, but I am
having some language problems getting that in my brain, I did not find anything
in the SuSE-Kernel setup...

Could *please* anyone give me a hint and help???

Regards,
Michael

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.