Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Re: MV 4.04 and va= on scan

******    message to minivend-users from Hans-Joachim Leidinger <jojo@buchonline.net>     ******

Barry Treahy schrieb:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Barry Treahy <Barry@BSTent.com>     ******
>
> Ed LaFrance wrote:
>

> > I've found that with Minivend, success vs. failure is often a question of
> > trying variations and alternate syntax.  With your search expression. maybe
> > you could try
> >
> >          [page scan arg="
> >                  se=[blah blah]
> >                  va=leftside_category=[loop-data categories line]
> >                  "]The link[/page]
> >
> > or
> >
> >          [area href=scan arg="
> >                  se=[blah blah]
> >                  va=leftside_category=[loop-data categories line]
> >                  "]The link[/area]
> >

> Thanks Ed, but I've tried both of these and still the results are not correct, the va= is not
> being processed.  I even simplied the values returned in the variable line to resolve my
> earlier complaint about the encoding of the equal sign but that resolved nothing.
>
> I have noticed a lot of references in the mailing archives stating what you did about syntax
> order being an issue.  This seems to simply do the documenation further injustice when
> examples and syntax mileage varies so much.
>
> I've had a long day, I'll poke at it tomorrow if anyone else has a suggestion.

I've got some trouble to get some codes like your codes working too. It
seems to me, some MV tags works well in such kind of complex codes and
some MV tags make trouble, if your codes is very complex and deep. If I
try such kind of codes like

va=leftside_category=[loop-data categories line]

working and I get no success, I use a work around to get any complex
codes working. The first step is to test the result of some codes in
your page like

The result is : [loop-data categories line]<BR>

to see what I get. The second step to get the result of the above tag
into another MV tag is to us

[set name="dummy" interpolate=1][loop-data categories line][/set]

and to use it as

va=leftside_category=[scratch dummy]

This is my suggestions only!

Regards,