Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] MV 4.04: Need help with subcategories please.

******    message to minivend-users from "Heinz Wittenbecher" <heinz@bytedesigns.com>     ******

I went through the archives and docs hoping for some additional info on sub
categories. While there was some traffic on the subject it wasn't enough to
get me started in the right direction :-)

Beyong seeing the headings in area.txt and cat.txt I've not come up with
anything in the docs and am wondering if some kind soul may have an example
or some suggestions/pointers.

I'm using "demo simple" as my starting point and have categories defined
such as Carburetors, Ignition, etc. What I need to do is establish a sub
category for each of the main categories. Example: for Carburetors I want to
search for 2bbl, 4bbl, 750cfm, etc. I want to do this as one click,
selection box or mouseover, but am stuck. I did add another column in my
products file that the has the 2bbl, 4bbl, etc entries in it. Not using any
SQL database, just default txt's for the moment.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Heinz

The work in progress site is: www.trackermall.com/cgi-bin/apx

P.S. I'm not a total neophite, but close :-) and my Perl expertiese is zip,
unfortunately (for me).