Re: [mv] makecat can't find IniConf.pm

******    message to minivend-users from Ed LaFrance <edlafrance@printexusa.com>     ******

At 09:24 PM 6/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>******    message to minivend-users from Pedram Saleh
><pedram@vaxxine.com>     ******
>
>MiniVend 4.04
>Perl 5.005
>Mandrake Linux 7 with MySQL 3.22.32
>
>I'm having a problem with the makecat script.  It tries to find a file
>called IniConf.pm but that file doesn't exist on my system (I did a
>search for it and came up empty).  I recently installed perl 5.6 but
>then put perl 5.005 back on whenI had problems with 5.6.  The error
>I get is "Can't locate IniConf.pm in @INC (@INC contains: <whole bunch
>of paths, mostly starting with /usr>) at ./makecat line 53.".  I tried
>taking perl 5.6 off before reinstalling perl 5.005 but it won't let me
>because of dependancy problems.  Anyone know how I can fix this?

Pedram -

This is from the docs:

I get messages like 'Config.pm not found'. What does it
mean?

This means your Perl is not properly installed, or that MiniVend is not
using the proper Perl binary.
On UNIX, try reinstalling MiniVend and using the standard Perl installation
sequence:

     /complete/path/to/proper/perl Makefile.PL
     make
     make test
     make install

Otherwise, contact your system administrator.

...but since you say that IniConf.pm (which I believe is part of Minivend)
is not found, you may just need to do a clean install of minivend, starting
from the dist. tar.gz file.

- Ed L.
Printex Marking Technologies
12113 Kirkham Rd.