Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] CyberCash MCK on FreeBSD 2.2

******    message to minivend-users from Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>     ******

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Dave Gawlik wrote:
> So far, CyberCash tech support has been totally unhelpful in setting up
> MCK.  Our web server runs on a FreeBSD 2.2 machine that requires a.out
> executables instead of ELF... my question is... is it possible to
> interface MiniVend 3.14 to the CyberCash MCK running on FreeBSD 4.0
> machine or does it have to reside on the webserver running the MiniVend
> daemon? Do I need a tunneled route to MCK or what is required to get it
> running? If it is not possible to run MCK on another machine, does anyone
> hear have an a.out version of MCK they can send me?

Their license prohibits redistribution but I can tell you that
mck-3.2.0.4-freebsd is aout.  Maybe with that info they can
find you a copy of that version.  Current is 3.2.0.5 so it's not
that far back.

You really should upgrade that 2.2 machine.  Unless it's 2.2.8
there are quite a few DoS fixes in 3.x

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com

-