Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] CyberCash MCK on FreeBSD 2.2

******    message to minivend-users from Dave Gawlik <ddave@ddave.com>     ******

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Dan Busarow wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>     ******
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Dave Gawlik wrote:
> > So far, CyberCash tech support has been totally unhelpful in setting up
> > MCK.  Our web server runs on a FreeBSD 2.2 machine that requires a.out
> > executables instead of ELF... my question is... is it possible to
> > interface MiniVend 3.14 to the CyberCash MCK running on FreeBSD 4.0
> > machine or does it have to reside on the webserver running the MiniVend
> > daemon? Do I need a tunneled route to MCK or what is required to get it
> > running? If it is not possible to run MCK on another machine, does anyone
> > hear have an a.out version of MCK they can send me?
>
> Their license prohibits redistribution but I can tell you that
> mck-3.2.0.4-freebsd is aout.  Maybe with that info they can
> find you a copy of that version.  Current is 3.2.0.5 so it's not
> that far back.
>
> You really should upgrade that 2.2 machine.  Unless it's 2.2.8
> there are quite a few DoS fixes in 3.x

Thanks for the info... guess it's time to ride tech support. Our main
hesitation on doing the FreeBSD upgrade are surprises and consequent
downtime since we are hosting all of our virtual domains on the machine.
Looks like we may have to bite the bullet.

Regards,

*Dangerous* Dave Gawlik
LServ.Com WebMaster/Administrator
Join www.cauce.org and Ban spam on the Internet