Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] dynamic variable names and ifs enigma

******    message to minivend-users from adam@opusvl.com     ******

Chris Rapier wrote:

> > > That's maybe a minivend 2ism  ;^)  At any rate, minivend is
> > > almost certinly not interpolating [value dynamic_flag] **before**
> > > the other [values].  I'd do it in perl, maybe someone else can
> > > point out how in tags.
> > >
> > > Minivend tags are not proceedural.
> > >
> > > cfm
> > >

> > the seting of the value works.. proven by the fact that I can call the
> > value
> > out again.

not wishing to sound argumentive but I have a tendancy not to be human
clear... sorry
but

> Thats not what he was saying. He was saying that in the 2nd line
> [value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]" set="some text"] the
> instance of [value dynamic_flag] is not being interpreted. I bet the
> variable being set is
> dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag] and not what you want which is
> dynamic_var-3.

that was not what I was asking >:(

I can set

[value name="dynamic_flag" set="3"]
[value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]" set="some text"]

with dynamic flag
and then

can call that value

as
[value name="dynamic_var-3"]
or
[value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]"]

> Try making use of interpolate=1 to actually get the value of
> dynamic-flag inside the value containers.

what I can not do and would very much like to do is to be able
to perform a 'if it exists' on it

i.e.

[if value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]"]

Sorry if I was not clear.

--
<really pointless tag that does nothing>
hmmmm