Akopia Akopia Services

RE: [mv] Comparison with Open Sales

******    message to minivend-users from "Mediaservices" <support@mediaservices.net>     ******

I posted this to a board a while ago defending the debate between
minivend(Interchange) and opensales

<<I POSTED>>

Well, I been reading the DOCS at opensales. Naw, it does not allow me to
interpolate perl, it requires me to use a separate DB system (e.g.; MySQL,
SQL, Postgress) no built in DB system, It does not allow for HREF search
statements (must be forms with hidden fields), Setting up extra stores
requires editing scripts and files (ick), and it does not allow tags within
tags (well if they do they need to state that in the docs). Also, what is
with a DOCS with no search utility? What if I had a question and did not
know where to look, with only 24 pages of small type I would be having to
look allot or parse the script to see what it could do?

I do admit they have a nice "look and feel" to their software, but looking
at the code (and what is involved for multiple stores) and the reluctance to
use SQL (I hate that monster), I "personally" will stick with following the
development of Apokia. Akopia has programmers and documentation writers
working on the new Interchange (BTW - Minivend is DEAD, Died 2 months ago).
But with thousands of sites using their technology, there are allot of
"opinions" out there :)

<<DONE BLOATING>>

Russ Smith
Mediaservices Network