Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Using CyberCash when total is $0.00?

******    message to minivend-users from Dan Goldman <dano@nodewarrior.net>     ******

We authorize the full amount at the time of purchase regardless of the discount.  Then when we mark and settle the transaction, we mark it minus the gift certificate value provided the certificate has been validated.  If the total is 0.00, then there is no need to capture the transaction.  This of course only works if you manually mark and settle your transactions.  If you auto mark and settle, then hopefully someone else will provide you with a solution.

Dan

At 08:34 PM 8/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
>******    message to minivend-users from Chris Rapier <rapier@psc.edu>     ******
>
>Because of my clients using gift certificates is quite possible that a
>cusomter's order will total up to $0.00 when they checkout. Cybercash
>doesn't seem to like this very much and refuses to process it.
>
>My feeling is that there is way around this but I'm not sure. Can you do
>order routing based on the total of the cart? Is there a way to do this
>without order routing?
>
>Also, I had to hack Interpolate.pm to prevent negative subtotals. This
>doesn't seem to be the right way to do this. Anyone have thoughts on
>this as well? This isn't critical but I'd like to get some opinons on
>it.
>-
>To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
>email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
>Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.