Akopia Akopia Services

RE: [mv] Popups

******    message to minivend-users from "Humberto T Reyes" <htreyes@earthlink.net>     ******

Ven,

This is what I use when I need a pop-up as annoying as they may be:

// Open the popup window to the specified URL
	function openPopup(theURL,width,height) {
		var winProperties =
"resize=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,menubar=no,status=no,noresize,scrollbar
s=auto,width=" + width + ",height=" + height;
		var mainWin = self;
		if( window.popupWin == null )	   // If the window has never been opened
			popupWin=window.open(theURL,"", winProperties);
		else {
			if( window.popupWin.closed )	// If the window was open but has been
closed
				popupWin=window.open(theURL,"", winProperties);
			else									   // The window is already open
				popupWin.location.href = theURL;
		}
		popupWin.opener = mainWin;
		popupWin.focus();
	}

Then just create a link(you will have to modify the link--I have the
javascript set up as a script under my htdocs)  This one allows you to set
your width and height for the popup:

<A HREF="javascript:openPopup('pagename.html', yourwidth, yourheight)">Find
blah,blah</A>

Hope that helps...

Enjoy,

Humberto