[ic] Sample Catalogs

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 02:08:14 -0500

Quoting VHS Admin (admin@virtualhostingsolutions.com):
> I have Interchange set up on my server and working like a charm.  The
> problem is that the Construct site is a bit too complex for my needs.  I am
> not a sophisticated designer, but I have a lot of experience.  I need a
> simple catalog site to work backwards from.   Is there a demo catalog out
> there other than construct?   I have tried simple, barry, and basic which I
> believe to be older demos and did not load anything.   I just need something
> to get a start from until I can figure out the complexities of the software.
> Maybe I am making it too hard??  I need the backend features of the shopping
> system, but not the complex page design parts.  Is there an easy way to put
> up a simple catalog for now then work my way up?  Thank you in advance for
> any advice you have.

Have you tried the basic demo at:

	ftp://ftp.minivend.com/pub/demos/basic-demo-0.01.tar.gz

???

It works on Interchange, and is very simple. There are some things in
the backend UI that won't work because the database tables don't support
merchandising, shipping status, etc, but basic database editing and
order listing should.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock