[ic] Permissions???

Beriah Dutcher beriah@webuildpcs.com
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:30:39 -0500

Hey guys,

	I really need some help with this one.  I read about everything I can read
on getting interchange to run properly. I have everything working fine
except for one thing.  Permiisions, now the interchange daemon need to run
as a user other than root, (I made it the interchange user) but the web for
my root web and users web need to be written to by root or some other
"super-user". Right? So my question is does anyone have a good suggestion on
who to give the interchange user RW permissions to all the users web dirs
without making a security problem?  I was think I could just add the
interchange user to the super users group, but I dont believe that is safe.
Should I make a interch group and make all of the web dirs ownerships?
<username>:intech and make the modes 0774 ?????

Beriah

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of David Guerrero
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 11:06 AM
To: ic
Subject: [ic] DBD Problem?

Hi again! :)

Now i'm having problems with one sugestion Mike gave in the list for
controlling the stock:

I'm using the following at the beginning of basket.html:

[perl table=products]
        my $cart = $Carts->{main};
        my $item;
        foreach $item (@{$Carts->{main}}) {
                my $on_hand = tag_data('products', 'stock',
$item->{code});
                next if $on_hand >= $item->{quantity};
                $item->{quantity} = $on_hand;
                $item->{stock_mensaje} = "Cantidad Máxima";
        }
[/perl]

since i have the inventory information in the products database, in the
"stock" field.

My database is Oracle 8.

It doesn't work, and give me the following error:

/cgi-bin/tienda/process.html Safe: Can't locate DBI object method
"quote" via package "DBD::Oracle::db" at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 509.

But, in the other hand, when i use:

[if data products::stock::[item-code] >= [item-quantity]]

in an [item-list][/item-list] it works just fine.

Isn't supossed "quote" to be in the DBI module instead of the Oracle
DBD?
Can be a "Safe" problem? I have "AllowGlobal  tienda" in minivend.cfg.

Thanks for any help...

--
---------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation >----------------
David Guerrero                                      E-mail: david@boe.es