[ic] RFC: DBI 1.15 released two weeks ago

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:34:09 -0400

Quoting Dan B (db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net):
> I haven't seen a new DBI release in a few years, and I wondered if anyone
> had some comments on how the new 1.15 release two weeks ago might affect IC:
>
> Does the new selectrow_* stuff have any bearing on IC?

Nope, since we rarely do a "select *" it will have none.

> Has anyone noticed the memory leak mentioned in the release notes?  Is it
> fixed in 5.6.0?
>  >    Perl 5.005 and 5.006 both leak memory doing local($handle->{Foo}).
>  >    Perl 5.004 doesn't. The leak is not a DBI or driver bug.

Doesn't apply to us, we always use my() and not local() for handles.

> Anyone used the DBIODBC?

I and quite a few others have run DBI::ODBC on Minivend, and it worked fine. I
assume it does/would work fine on Interchange.

> FYI, I'm running my 4.6.4 catalogs just fine on 1.15.

And it runs fine on 4.7 as well.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown