[ic] search mailing list fails: No matches were found for everything

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 01:34:00 -0500

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> Quoting Chris Jesseman (chris@sitemajic.net):
> > I just rejoined the list after a long vacation. Now htdig
> > (http://developer.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/) never returns results,
> > no matter what I search on: discount,minivend...).
>
> Arghhh!!! HT/Dig seems to die every once in a while in some new unkown state.
> In this case, even a rebuild cannot seem to fix it.

It is back online. I cannot figure out why HT/Dig will rebuild fine for weeks,
then all of a sudden it dies.

I guess the thing to do is to completely remove the database and rebuild from
scratch every time; time-consuming, but I think that may work.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer