[ic] Problems with RAQ4

Company InterNet Services info@4co.de
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:42:40 +0100

It appears this needs a reprint...Raq's are a pain

did you remember to say 'Y' to CGIwrap on makecat (the default for ALL raq's)?
did you have all the CPAN modules installed?

>The Interchange daemon is up and running in the background on the
>server, but for some reason, it cannot be found.
>
>What's going on?  What do I have to do to make this work?

If everything was install exactly as it was supposed to be than it's the Raq just acting up...

on Raq's it can be a lot...
lesson 1. once IC is running don't reboot...it a pain to get it running again

First check the permissions and ownership on: the CGI-BIN, IC software, and the catalog

Check site for any changes

then try the command (in the IC directory) bin/restart
It should give you a list of all catalogs and give a PID (showing that it is running)

Check site for any changes

and the last step (which usually works for me)
(backup all your catalog info, user tags, etc. that is stored in the IC directory)
goback to the setup directory (where you ran ./configure) and run ./configure again
reinstalling it over the older version

Check site for any changes

if running, and if required put the backup information back in

ken
"Love interchange...starting to hate my Raq's"