[ic] design

James P. Kinney III interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 21:39:00 2002

--=-8liZFDf5mWi837KO8Q5J

I can confirm that Interchange 4.8.5 and 4.8.6 DON'T like RedHat 8.0.
The new perl 5.8 supports threading (yay!) but much of the modules don't
like it. Install from RPM just simply fails. 2 different machines with
similar "server" configurations.=20

sample error message from 4.8.6:
foundation /cgi-bin/foundation/process.html Safe: Can't locate DBI
object method "do" via package "DBD::Pg::db" at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1174.

>       my $db =3D $Db{cat} || return;
>       my $settor =3D $db->field_settor('sort');
>       foreach ( @{ $Scratch->{cat_sort} } ) {
>               $settor->( @$_ );
>       }
>       delete $Scratch->{start_sort};
>       return;

DBI is simply busted. CPAN "install" failed with build errors.

I've had marginally better success with the tarball of 4.8.6 but it is
still broken in several places.

The latest rpm of Interchange looks for certain perl-*.rpm to be
installed. Many are included by default in the standard perl-5.8 with
RH8.0

I will be testing the suggestion below immediately. My box is the
development site and an emergency backup server.

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 16:30, Mike Heins wrote:
>=20
=20