[ic] Perl 5.8.0 + Interchange Clustering locking issues

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 10 08:28:02 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:29:23PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> >
> > Oh.  Silly me thinking another system looks like ours.  We have
> > everything but the sessions and tmp in mysql.  Interesting, I've never
> > looked at tmp except to clean it.  Hmmm, they are all counter files.
> > I suppose that could be an issue.  OTOH, if they are just counter
> > files, then move them into sql too.  What are these things?  They are
> > all just 1 on our system:
> > #COUNTER-1.0
> > 1
> > #COUNTER-1.0
> > 1
> > #COUNTER-1.0
> > Looks like another feature we don't use.
> >

> No, you use that one if the file even exists. Most of them will be 1
> because you don't have users coming in with multiple sessions assigned
> to one IP.

Thank you Mike.  You didn't even give me the chance this am to look
at the source  :-)

It sounds to me that for those using SQL based sessions, putting the
tmp files in SQL would not be hard.  IF that is in fact the cause of
the signal error.