[ic] (no subject)

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 19 17:32:01 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

BTJ>>Jim Balcom wrote:

BTJ>>>I'm running Slackware 8.1.
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>On this same machine and same OS, I am running version 4.6.3 and have been,
BTJ>>>as a production store, since July 4, 2001. That works fine except for a
BTJ>>>problem with orderline, and that the UI won't recognize 'catagory' on the
BTJ>>>products file. I was hoping that by upgrading that the two problems would go
BTJ>>>away.
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>Perhaps Version 4.8 requires Red Hat to run?
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>

BTJ>>I doubt it.  Are not these errors in the 'test' phase?  Are you sure
you didn't get any errors earlier in the make?  I would scrap it clean and
expand the tarball again and look more closely.  I did tend to have more
problems with SW dists than RH with compiler optimizations, especially with
Roxen.

Thank you for your repeated tolerance of me!

You are thinking too far into the process. The installation instructions
say:

Step 1: Untar and Unzip it. I've done that.

Step 2: In that root directory run ./configure. That won't complete and
that's where I am getting the errors.

I do appreciate your trying to help me.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 17:25 PM:
Quasimodo is a dead ringer.

This Linux System has been up 178 hours