[ic] divine, Inc. patent infringements

AirDelights.com interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 10:35:02 2002

I personally would not respond to any attempts to open a dialog with an
attorney unless suite has been filed.  Seems like once they get you to talk
to them, then they will try to scare you into settling or paying them a fee
to keep them from filing suite.

If they were to file a suit against you, all you would have to do is show
up, because it's highly unlikely they would take a chance on losing a suite
because it would then set a presidence against them in any further action
against larger fish down the road. So, if they file suite against you and
you show up, they will drop the suite to prevent a loss. If you don't show
up, they will win on default. Any other conversations with their lawyers is
mute and in their favor.

ps. i'm not a lawyer, just my opinion.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Brandtjen" <rob@prometheusmedia.com>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] divine, Inc. patent infringements

On Thursday 19 September 2002 11:23 pm, Dan Browning wrote:
> With a name like that, I'm sure they get the finest redneck patronage
there
> is ("eh there billy boy lloyd, pass me some more possum while I read this
> here pat'int thingie").

They're in Chicago, not Arkansas-
"Representatives of Bell, Boyd & Lloyd shared their experience in using the
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's new electronic filing system to prepare
and file patents at a program presented at the Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Participating in the session, which covered legal, administrative, technical
and equipment topics, were (from left) Robert Barrett, head of Bell, Boyd's
Patent Prosecution Group; Intellectual Property Coordinator Renee Street;
and
Internet Systems Analyst Richard Tripp."

They have found a neat way to file patents up the yin-yang, and a new
revenue
source.

--
 Robert Brandtjen