[ic] e-checks

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Thu Dec 18 18:15:02 EST 2003

At 02:37 PM 12/18/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've searched the docs and mailing list but havn't been able to answer this
>question:
>
>Does IC support using AuthorizeNet e-Checks?
>
>Has anyone tried this or made a module to accept this form of payment?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Russell

Dear Russell -

I did do this for one client who was running (and still runs) the 4.8
branch. A new module is not required, just a change to the parameter list
for the post to Authorizenet, as well as how the return results are
evaluated... and of course a new payment method with it's own fields and
checks on the checkout page.

It was not a huge job, just tedious. I'm not sure they found it to be all
that useful from a business standpoint. I suppose it might be considered a
net gain to incorporate it into the core, but I would have to consult with
the other coreteam members first, and time frame would be fuzzy even if
they agreed it was worth adding...

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax