[ic] design server error
jack at blueweb-inc.com
Mon Jul 28 18:18:03 EDT 2003
> I'm using RedHat 8.0, Apache 1.3.27, perl 5.8, MySQL 3.23 and
> Interchange 4.8.7. Just by changing the default foundation store over
> from the default text files database over to a MySQL database. I'm now
> getting an Internal Server Error while opening the Administrative Design
> Interchange logs the error as:
> Had to create DBI::_dbistate unexpectedly at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1174.
> I've searched the archives but really haven't found a definitive answer
> to this problem. Anyone have any ideas?
> Jason Yates <jason at jamark.com>
This is a pretty old issue; here are some suggestions:
Option1: (Route I took myself)
Uninstall Redhat 8 and install Slackware Linux 9.
Option2: (Route a friend took)
Uninstall Redhat 8 and install Redhat 7.2. Upgrade the kernal for security
Option 3: (Last known fix I heard of)
I did some investigation of the Red Hat 9 Perl, and found:
1. They have been applying patches as posted to the maintenance group, with
no apparent testing. I believe the perl-porters would be appalled at this
2. The Perl as distributed doesn't generate Makefile properly for several
modules, whereas the stock perl does.
3. While the perl core has very recent, experimental, non-release code in
it, the versions of modules Red Hat builds are generally out of date,
sometimes woefully so.
4. The Perl as distributed has no chance to run Interchange properly. Mostly
this is not due to the threads implementation per se, it is due to core
dumps in XS modules.
I produced an image of a Red Hat 9 perl that is built:
1. With the standard release 5.8.0 perl core code, no threads or suidperl.
2. All of Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink (a superset of Bundle::Interchange)
and almost all of the extra modules Red Hat provides in RPM. (Only two
Japanese language modules are not included, because they would not build.)
3. Includes /usr/lib/libperl.so so that the release Vim will work properly.
4. Includes both DBD::mysql and DBD::Pg. It works fine for me, though you
should use at your own risk. The worst that could happen is you have to run
the uninstall.sh script or otherwise re-install the stock Perl RPMS.
Download the tar ball from one of:
There is a README and a cheesy install.sh script.
More information about the interchange-users