[ic] using the wizard

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Mon Nov 10 10:09:39 EST 2003

At 12:27 PM 11/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I am using ic 4.8 on redhat linux. I used the wizard to add address, and
>made the mistake of going through the menu to preview. I hit finish with
>the default selection. The category rebuild defaults to yes, and guess
>what? It rebuilt the menu.
>
>Is there a way to reverse this so that I can get back the custom menu I
>created using images???
>
>My provider has already tried restoring the catelog from backup pior to
>the change with no luck.

The backup is what you will need. The only two tables you need to worry
about are area and cat; you'll want the gbdm's of these from before you
made the change. It's possible that your provider failed to restore these,
particularly if you are a Cpanel system as the ownerships/permissions on
these can be a little tricky. Your host may need to be root to restore  the
tables and then chown/chmod them after.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax