[ic] mod_interchange and multiple shops

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Oct 10 13:23:44 EDT 2003

shawn at stuckinrealtime.us wrote:

> I'm not sure if anybody answered your question, but I administer a shop
> which has several stores running under mod interchange.
>
> One thing I had to do was turn on FullUrl in the catalog.cfg
>
> FullUrl Yes
>
> And then add the fulldomain path to the catalog definition in catalog.cfg
>
> Catalog       mystore /home/ecommerce/catalogs/mystore www.mystore.com/store.pl
> Catalog       mystore alias  www.mystore.com:443/store.pl
> Catalog       mystore alias  mystore.com/store.pl
> Catalog       mystore alias  mystore.com:443/store.pl
>
> Catalog	    storetwo /home/ecommerce/catalogs/storetwo www.storetwo.com/store.pl
> Catalog       storetwo alias  storetwo.com:443/store.pl
> Catalog       storetwo alias  storetwo.com/store.pl
> Catalog       storetwo alias  storetwo.com:443/store.pl
>
> And I have the following in each of the virtual host definitions for
> apache
>
> <Location /store.pl>
>   SetHandler interchange-handler
>   InterchangeServer /home/ecommerce/interchange/etc/socket </Location>
>
> I have 10 shops setup this way on different domains and I don't have any
> problems

Out of interest, why do you append .pl to your locations?  Surely
"store", or just "s", would look cleaner than "store.pl".

Secondly, you're using the following:

    Catalog       mystore /home/ecommerce/catalogs/mystore www.mystore.com/store.pl
    Catalog       mystore alias  www.mystore.com:443/store.pl
    Catalog       mystore alias  mystore.com/store.pl
    Catalog       mystore alias  mystore.com:443/store.pl

which you could clean up as follows:

    Catalog mystore directory /home/ecommerce/catalogs/mystore
    Catalog mystore script    www.mystore.com/store.pl
    Catalog mystore alias     www.mystore.com:443/store.pl

or as follows:

    Catalog mystore /home/ecommerce/catalogs/mystore www.mystore.com/store.pl www.mystore.com:443/store.pl

You don't really need the extra mystore.com aliases;  Simply set up a
permanent Apache redirection in a separate mystore.com VirtualHost block.
If you really want to keep the extra aliases then you will need to use
the CookieDomain directive in catalog.cfg.  I assume that you have set
this up already.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz